Are you missing out on events taking place in the Harlan County School District? If so, sign up today for the HCPS news service which delivers school and district information to your email in a timely manner.
A variety of informational items are distributed with busy parents and active community members in mind. If you wish to receive this information, send your email and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, we thank you for taking the time to show an interest in our schools and playing an active role in the lives of not only our students, but our faculty and administration as a whole.
Information Numbers added at HCHS:
Now you have the opportunity to call and receive cancellation information from Harlan County High School. Two numbers are available to access up-to-date information about the School, Clubs, Activities, Sporting Events and more at HCHS. To access general closing/cancellation information on Clubs, School, Activities, and Meetings call (606) 574-2099. For Athletic Events and Practice cancellation call (606) 574-2098.
Announcements, Upcoming and Current Events:
- Students who are sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years old and become academically deficient or deficient in attendance shall be reported to the Transportation Cabinet for driver’s license, permit or driving privilege revocation. The following document will provide specific information regarding 'No Pass, No Drive': DRIVER’S LICENSE REVOCATION (.pdf, .htm)
- Online Training Available: Positive Behavior in Schools III: Bully Prevention (.pdf, .htm)
- The Harlan County Walking Club walks on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10:00-11:30 on the indoor track at Harlan County High School. Free and open to the public. All ages are welcome. Walk, jog, or run at your own pace. Walking Club is open all year round, except for snow days and holidays. Enter at the top gym entrance (4 brick columns facing U.S. 119). For more information, contact: Janet White or Angela Sanders Couch at 606.574.2020 Ext. 3514.
- HCHS Athletic Schedules: Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball
- There will be a Pumpkin Contest at the Harlan County Courthouse on October 31, 2016. The school with the most pumpkins entered wins a prize.
- 1st Nine Weeks Honor Roll and Perfect Attendance for Green Hills Elementary
- NHS Induction Ceremony
- The Harlan County High School Dance Team recently held a dance camp for children. They performed at halftime of the Black Bears football game. Pictured are the Dance Team members and their future dancers.
- Jared Sizemore, a senior at Harlan County High School, has been named the Bank of Harlan Outstanding Student Citizen of the Month for October.
- The Elgin Foundation, Dr. Matt Nunez and his staff, and the James A. Cawood Elementary School Family Resource and Youth Service Center partnered for a dental screening for all students who had obtained parental permission recently.
Here is the schedule for registration:
Monday, March 20 - Cawood
Tuesday, March 21 - Cumberland
Wednesday, March 22 - Wallins
Thursday, March 23 - James A Cawood
Monday, April 3 - Rosspoint
Tuesday, April 4 - Black Mountain
Wednesday, April 5 - Evarts
Thursday, April 6 - Green Hills
- The Harlan County High School Prom is scheduled for Saturday, May 6th
- The graduation date for Harlan County High School is Sunday, May 21st
Parental Involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of the parent to the school and to the student. A child's ideas about education and its significance begin with the parent and for students to achieve at a high level, parents must play an active role in the educational processes of their children.
Dr. Joyce Epstein - "When parents, teachers, students, and others view one another as partners in education, a caring community forms around students and begins its work."
Please feel free to contact us with questions and comments about our District and find out how you can help make a difference in our children's lives.